Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Blooming Mojo

#stampinup   #saleabration2016   I love the clean and simple sketches on the Mojo Monday challenge blog. This week's sketch is no exception. I didn't really have a plan when I started the card, except that I wanted to use some of the fabulous Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper before Sale-a-Bration ends this month. Don't forget: You can get this beautiful DSP FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration! Contact me now to place an order before it's gone forever.



I chose the Old Olive and Blackberry Bliss vine sheet of DSP, which set my colors for the card. Since this DSP pattern had a lot of white space, I continued that idea with my card. I cut a 1-1/2" x 3-7/8" strip of the DSP and backed it with a 1-5/8" strip of Old Olive Card Stock so it wouldn't blend into the Whisper White panel.

For the circular part of the sketch, I stamped the sunburst from the "Kinda Eclectic" set in Old Olive onto a Whisper White panel. I adhered this to a Blackberry Bliss mat and then onto an Old Olive card base. I adhered the DSP strip to the card.

I thought the "Happy Blooming Birthday" sentiment from the "Flower Patch" stamp set would be perfect for this CAS card. I stamped it in Blackberry Bliss at the bottom of a 2-5/8" x 3" piece of Whisper White. I backed this with a just larger size of Blackberry Bliss and adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the finishing touch, I added a Whisper White Classic Designer Button that I'd tied with a Whisper White Baker's Twine bow. I attached the button to the card with two Glue Dots.

I'm pleased with the way the card turned out and it was fun to watch it "grow" organically.



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment