Friday, October 7, 2016

An Ear-y Vampire

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  I've been squealing with delight over the adorable images in the "Cookie Cutter Halloween" stamp set and I've been sharing some really cute (IMHO) cards using those images. But I've been neglecting one image...the vampire! Never fear:  I just saved the best for last!

I started by stamping the vampire image in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I punched him out with the matching Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. It took me a minute to figure out how to punch out the vampire AND give him ears. (I'm slow like that.) I laid the stamped and punched image onto my grid paper and placed the acrylic block on top. Then I positioned the ears onto the block. (I also practiced on the grid paper and made a minor adjustment.)






Once I had the ear images lined up right, I stamped them onto a Whisper White Card Stock oval that I had cut with one of the Layering Ovals Framelits. I added the Whisper White oval to a Pumpkin Pie scalloped oval, cut out with the just-larger Layering Oval Framelit. After I colored my little vampire with Pumpkin Pie and Perfect Plum Stampin' Write Markers, I adhered him to the layered ovals using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the bat image three times in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Whisper White scraps and fussy cut them with my Paper Snips. I also stamped the trick-or-treat bag in  Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and fussy cut it. The bag is also colored with Pumpkin Pie and Perfect Plum Stampin' Write Markers.

I wrapped two lengths of Basic Black Baker's Twine around a 4.25" by 2" piece of the brick paper from the Halloween Nights Specialty Series paper and then adhered this to a Basic Gray card base, cut lengthwise. I adhered the oval-vampire assembly directly to the card and the bats and trick-or-treat bag using Stampin' Dimensionals that I cut in half.

I stamped the "happy halloween" sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set in Basic Black onto a Pumpkin Pie scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label punch. I adhered this directly to the card after I'd snipped off the the left side.

So, as you can see, the vampire image in the "Cookie Cutter Halloween" stamp set is stinking cute, too, right?!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment