Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Yesterday I shared my amazing BFF's card made with Stampin' Up's "Christmas Pines" stamp set.  I don't have this set myself, so I borrowed my BFF's set to make my own card.  Mine is based on one made by Connie Stewart--but mine is even simpler because I didn't borrow the matching Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies, so my card is DTP--direct to paper.  I also wanted to use the sheet music from the This Is Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper for my card.

This card is super easy to make and I made a stack of 10 in about 30 minutes!  You'll need a Cherry Cobbler card base, cut lengthwise; a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Old Olive mat; a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of the This Is Christmas DSP; and a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock (for the inside).

I stamped the "tidings of comfort and joy" sentiment in Cherry Cobbler Ink directly onto the DSP and then stamped the thicker pine bough image, twice, in Old Olive.  I adhered the DSP to the Old Olive mat and then onto the card base using Snail Adhesive.  I cut 8" of Very Vanilla 1/4" Satin Ribbon (NEW in the upcoming Occasions catalog!) and tied it into a bow.  I adhered this to the card with a Glue Dot. 

This card was so easy-peasy to make that I actually stamped inside the card--I hardly ever do that!  I stamped the pine bough in Old Olive on the corner of the Very Vanilla panel and added the "Christmas Blessings" sentiment in Cherry Cobbler.  I adhered this to the card with Snail Adhesive, too!
I recommend purchasing the "Christmas Pines" stamp set and Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies in the bundle (142496) because you will save money that way and because the thinlits are AWESOME.  Click on any item below to go directly to my online store to make your purchase.  And stay tuned until tomorrow where I'll share another card with NO stamping, using only the Pretty Pines Thinlits!
 

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment