Monday, July 10, 2017

Bursting Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I love the "Marquee Messages" stamp set and I've used it several times to make cards. But I seem to make the same card--you know, a variation on the giant drive-in sign. I mean, that's what it's supposed to be, but I felt like there had to be something more to do with that set, so off to Pinterest for some inspiration! I found this amazing card by Kristin Kortonik that I decided to CASE (copy and selectively edit).

For my card, I started with a 3-1/2" by 4-1/2" piece of Berry Burst "paint chip" paper from the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  I wrapped Whisper White Baker's Twine around the card three times and tied it into a bow on the side. Then I adhered everything to a Basic Black Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Next, I cut a Whisper White square with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits and stamped two sentiments and some stars from the "Marquee Messages" set onto it in Marina Mist, Berry Burst, and Lemon Lime Twist.  I cut a Marina Mist scalloped square mat using one of the Layering Squares Framelits.  I adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. For a finishing touch, I added three of the lightest green colored Glitter Enamel Dots for some fun embellishments.










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment