Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Happy (Almost) New Year!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I've been spending loads of time with my family over the holidays. It's great to have all three kids home. The twins did very well during their first semester of college and I can see signs of maturity in both of them. They've been a pleasure to have around. And I've got to say that it was a pleasure opening Christmas gifts at noon rather than 6 AM! Much more civilized that way!

So while I've been cocooning here at home with the family, I've neglected my blog. I've actually been stamping a lot--getting those Christmas cards finished and sent out. I made about 90 this year. I always think I'm going to start earlier, but it never works out. I figure as long as they're in the mail before Christmas, they're on time, right?

I'm hoping to turn over a new leaf and blog more regularly this new year. Not only is it almost 2018--but it's almost time for Stampin' Up's Occasions catalog and Sale-a-Bration (starts January 3, 2018)! I have so many fun things to show you and so many fun products in those catalogs to play with!! But we still have a few days left of the Holiday catalog, so I have one last card using product from that catalog that you can still purchase (through January 2, 2018)--and some product that will be carrying over and some from the annual catalog. This card is a three-fer!
I started by stamping three snowflakes from the "Snowflakes Sentiments" stamp set (carrying over) in Versamark onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel. I added some Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (annual catalog) and set it with my heat tool. I also stamped a sentiment from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set (annual catalog) in Versamark and embossed it with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder. I adhered a 2" by 3-3/4" strip of Year of Cheer Specialty Series Paper (retiring) and a length of Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon (annual catalog) before adhering it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Silver Foil panel. I adhered this panel to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock (annual catalog) card base, cut lengthwise, using Stampin' Dimensionals (annual catalog).
I love how sparkly this card is and I think it's a great blend of Winter and "fireworks"--perfect for New Year's wishes.











Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment