Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Up, Up & Goodbye

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   When the Stampin' Up retirement list comes out each year, I get nostalgic for the stamp sets that I haven't used in a while and I want to get a few more times to play with them before they retire. You, my dear reader, don't have this dilemma because you can keep and use your stamps forever. But since I'm a demonstrator, I've made the business decision not to hold onto retiring products. It's a sad fact of demo life...but there are so many perks to this demo life that I'm not sad for too long.

I haven't use the "Lift Me Up" stamp set (retiring) and matching Up & Away Dies (retiring) in ages. It's such a fun set, with sentiments for all occasions: birthday, celebration, thinking of you, love!! I thought it would pair nicely with the retiring Twinkle, Twinkle Designer Series Paper (retiring). Take a look.

I started by adhering a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of the Twinkle, Twinkle DSP to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Petal Pink Card Stock mat. Then I used the Up & Away Dies to cut the various colored portions for the balloon--using several different sheets of Twinkle, Twinkle DSP. I cut the balloon frame from Night of Navy Card Stock. I pieced these all together and used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the balloon to the card.

I wrapped a length of  Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon (retiring) around the card before adhering it to a a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. I tied a bow of Night of Navy Medium Baker's Twine (retiring) around the ribbon.

Finally, I used my Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker to just ink up "happy" and then "birthday" and stamped them onto Whisper White scraps. I cut these out with the two clouds from the Up & Away Dies. I adhered these to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and added some Balmy Blue Gingham Gala Self-Adhesive Sequins. 

I really like how this card turned out--and it was just the way I imagined it--imagine that!!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment