Sunday, October 6, 2019

Creation Station: Black & White with a POP!

 
#stampinup   #creationstation   #faithfulinkspirations Happy Fall, Y'all! We're finally having some fall weather here in central Maryland. I mean, it's October so we should be getting those nice, crisp days. But a few days ago--I'm not kidding--it was 97 degrees! I'm thankful for that cold front that swept through and brought us fall. 

Our Creation Station Design Team is bringing you projects with the theme of black and white and a pop of color. This is one of my favorite hops! I love to make black and white cards and add a pop of color. I chose Lovely Lipstick as my color pop and I used the split negative technique for the black and white portion.

I used my Stamparatus to get my image aligned just right because the two halves need to match. I stamped the large magnolia from the "Good Morning Magnolia" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto a quarter sheet of Basic Black Card Stock. I sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder and set the image with my Heat Tool. I planned to do the same on a quarter sheet of Whisper White Card Stock using Black Stampin' Emboss Powder--but I'm all out! (How did that happen?!) Never fear, I have a PROTIP for you that you can use for any color.

I stamped the magnolia image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto the Whisper White Card Stock and I quickly sprinkled on some Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and then set it with my Heat Tool. That's right: my PROTIP is to use Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder with any color ink!

My next PROTIP is the "cheater" way to align the two halves of your split negative image. First, I trimmed the Basic Black piece to 3-7/8" by 5-1/8". Next, I cut the Whisper White image in half and matched the left side  (Whisper White) with the right side and adhered it on top of the Basic Black piece. I flipped this over and trimmed off the excess Whisper White. I adhered this piece to a 4" by 5-1/4" Lovely Lipstick Card Stock mat and then onto a Basic Black Card Stock card base.

I wanted to keep the split negative theme going so I stamped a sentiment from the "Country Home" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto Lovely Lipstick Card Stock. I sprinkled on White Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with my Heat Tool. I stamped the same sentiment in Tuxedo Black Ink onto Lovely Lipstick Card Stock and used Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder to set it.  I fussy cut the different elements, adhered them together, and then used Mini Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment pieces to the card.

Finally, I colored three small Rhinestone Basic Jewels with a Light Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Blend and adhered them to the card. I hope you like it--and I hope you will try the split negative technique.

Next up on our blog hop is the fabulous Dani Dziami. Just click on the button to continue the hop and to be inspired by all our team members, who hail from around the world!

https://danidziama.blogspot.com/2019/10/creation-station-black-white-plus-one.html?fbclid=IwAR2Mihpxte_09FG010-W37_EHrBiMLnkJJbXao3XF5_H4qcSFvAf-gK4mtM















Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

1 comment: