Monday, September 30, 2013

Another Convention Quality Swap

In my previous post, I told you all about Lyssa's Convention Quality Swap (CQS) and showed the card I made for the swap.  In today's post, I have another card I made for this swap...but ended up not swapping it.  See, I was an "angel swapper."  What's an "angel swapper"?  Well, for organized swaps, everyone makes a set number of cards.  For Lyssa's swap, we made 20 cards so we would swap with 20 other stampers and get 20 different CQS cards in return.  But sometimes one (or more) of the stampers doesn't show up for whatever reason (couldn't find the swap, isn't feeling well, "flakes"--i.e., didn't fulfill their obligation).  So I volunteered to be an angel swapper, hoping I could get into another CQS swap.  Fortunately for the swappers (and a little sad for me), all the CQS swappers showed up, so I wasn't needed.  Even still, Lyssa made all the angel swappers a sweet little gift (cuz it had a whole bag of Hershey's kisses!) using the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit (133463) in the Holiday Mini Catalog.  Lyssa adapted the kit to make this gift packaging.  Isn't it wonderful??!!

(Artwork by Lyssa Zwolanek)


So here's the second CQS swap card I made.  Oh, and remember how sad I was that I didn't get into a second CQS swap? Well, my sadness immediately turned to joy because two of my fave stampers Mindy Backes (aka Minders) and Marla Reed were at the swap and they had extras to swap with me!!! I'm so honored to have a Minders and a Marla card!!  The rest of my angel cards were swapped in the general swap, so I didn't do all this work for nuthin'!

One crafty tip:  I used the Tangerine Tango chevron ribbon around the  DSP pieces, but it was too thick to tie the knot on top.  So, I cut the ribbon in half to tie around the thicker piece.  That gave it a shabby chic look, too.

(Stamp Set: Timeless Talk; Card Stock:  Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla; DSP:  Epic Day This and That; Ink:  Soft Suede; Accessories:  Calypso Coral 3/4" Chevron Ribbon, Labels Collection Framelits; Chevron and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folders)

No comments:

Post a Comment