Sunday, November 2, 2014

Creation Station: Scattered Seasons


Welcome to this week's edition of Creation Station. Our featured stamp set is "Seasonally Scattered" and our theme is gift card holders. If you're starting on my blog, just use the "next" and "back" buttons at the bottom of this post to hop all the way around the blog and see the wonderful creations our design team has come up with. I'm sure you'll find some great ideas to help spur your creativity.

I started with a fall card using the "thanks" stamp from "Seasonally Scattered." I first stamped the image in Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla card stock. I thought that was a bit too bland, so I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the image again using Encore Gold ink, just a tad off-set from the first image. Finally, I stamped the image again in Mossy Meadow ink and cut it out using the smallest oval from the Ovals Framelits Collection and mounted this on top of my main image. 

I layered the image onto Gold Foil Paper and then on Cajun Craze card stock. The whole assembly is mounted onto a Mossy Meadow card base.

I like the clean and simple look, but I don't like just a plain card, so I always have to emboss the card base. This time I used the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. I finished off the card with a Gold Basic Metal Button tied with Gold Baker's Twine.

(Stamp Set: Seasonally Scattered; Inks: Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, Encore Gold; Card Stock: Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla; DSP: Gold Foil Sheets; Accessories: Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Oval Framelits Collection, Gold Basic Metal Button, Gold Baker's Twine)

I don't know what's up with my iPhone, but it turned the Gold Foil layer pink--maybe it's the light reflecting. Anyway, here's a closer pic of the main image.

(Stamp Set: Seasonally Scattered; Inks: Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, Encore Gold; Card Stock: Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla; DSP: Gold Foil Sheets; Accessories: Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Oval Framelits Collection, Gold Basic Metal Button, Gold Baker's Twine)

Next, I started with a Gift Card Enclosure. These come 10 in a package for $5.95. They're pre-cut and pre-scored. All you have to do is decorate and pop in a gift card. Easy-peasy and cute gift idea!!

I decorated my Gift Card Enclosure with a belly band made from the card stock weight "Under the Tree" kraft specialty series paper. Then I made a tag using the "Merry" sentiment from "Seasonally Scattered." I stamped the image in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla and cut it out with a banner from the Banners Framelits Collection. I cut out two more of the same sized banner from Cherry Cobbler card stock and Gold Glimmer paper. I lined them up so that only the tips of the Cherry Cobbler and Gold Glimmer paper show.

I didn't like the plain Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla once I'd made my tag--it was too blah.  So I started over. This time I sprinkled some clear embossing powder onto the image and embossed it with my heating tool. Now we're talking! It's bold and shiny! 

I tied some Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon around the Gift Card Enclosure, punched a hole in the Merry tag with the hand-held 1/4" circle punch (an item I thought I didn't need and now cannot live without!), and tied everything together with some Gold Sequin Trim. Beautiful! Who wouldn't want to get a gift card wrapped so beautifully?

(Stamp Set: Seasonally Scattered: Ink: Cherry Cobbler; Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler; DSP: Under the Tree Specialty Paper, Gold Glimmer Paper; Accessories: Gift Card Enclosure, Banners Framelits Collections, Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim, Clear Embossing Powder)
Here's a close up of the tag so you can see the shiny and bright embossing!

(Stamp Set: Seasonally Scattered: Ink: Cherry Cobbler; Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler; DSP: Under the Tree Specialty Paper, Gold Glimmer Paper; Accessories: Gift Card Enclosure, Banners Framelits Collections, Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim, Clear Embossing Powder)
Next up on the blog hop is the fabulous Cindy Beach. I know she's got something wonderful in store for you. Just hit the "next" button and you'll be taken to Cindy's blog. Or, hit the "back" button and visit Jen Arkfeld! Until next time....


http://stampedsilly.blogspot.com/2014/11/creation-station-gift-cards.html


No comments:

Post a Comment