Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mojo Birthday

#stampinup   A couple of my favorite stampers (Hi Justin Krieger and Mary Fish!) posted cards using a totally awesome layout. Being the cracking analyst that I am, I figured they must be playing along in a sketch challenge--and they were! I headed right on over to this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge so I could play along, too!

I wanted to create a bright and cheery birthday card--so what better colors to use than those in the Cherry on Top 6"x6" Designer Series Paper Stack? I cut three 1.5" strips of DSP and flagged the ends with the Banner Triple Punch. I adhered these strips to a Bermuda Bay card base, as in the sketch.

Next, I stamped two solid balloons from the "Celebrate Today" stamp set in Watermelon Wonder onto Whisper White Card Stock and added the happy birthday sentiment in Bermuda Bay on top of the balloons. I cut these out with the matching Balloons Framelits.

I cut a 2.5" by 4-3/8" Whisper White panel and backed it with a 2-5/8" by 4-5/8" Crushed Curry mat, I wrapped a length of Pool Party Glitter Ribbon around the assembly and adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added the balloons to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, too.

For a final bit of bling, I added two medium-sized Basic Rhinestone Embellishments to each balloon.  And there you have it: one bright and cheery birthday card!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment