Thursday, September 22, 2016

Foxy Christmas

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   If you're one of my Christmas card club members, today's card is a sneak peek at one of the cards we'll be making at the October session. When they showed the "Foxy Friends" stamp set at this spring's OnStage Live event, the squeals from the audience were deafening (I'm looking at you Dana "darth.sunshine" Keith)!!! I fell in love with this set and it went onto my first order from the annual catalog. I always had in my mind that I'd be using it to make a Christmas card for my class.

Let's start with the "foxy reindeer." I stamped the head and body of the fox in Crumb Cake ink onto a Whisper White scrap. (PRO TIP: Make sure your scrap is big enough and has enough space around the image to fit the Oval Framelit. Ask me how I know.) I added the antlers in Sahara Sand ink and the face and legs in Early Espresso ink. The photopolymer stamps make placing all these elements so easy!

I cut the fox out with an Oval Layering Framelit and cut the just-larger sized oval scallop from a piece of Pool Party and adhered these two pieces together. Have I mentioned how much I love the Layering Framelits (squares, circles, and ovals)? I do love them so!

Next, I stamped the greeting from the "Holly Jolly Greetings" stamp set in Calypso Coral onto a 1" Whisper White strip and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. I cut a 1" strip of A Little Foxy DSP and flagged the end of that with the Banner Triple Punch, too.

I ran a Smoky Slate panel through the Big Shot with the Woodland Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a Thick Whisper White Card Base, cut lengthwise (hotdog style). I adhered the banners to the card and then attached the foxy oval to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I added a Calypso Coral Enamel Dot to the fox's nose. Isn't that just the cutest?!

If you're local to Maryland and you'd like to come stamp with us in October and make this card and two others, contact me and I'll send you the details!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment