Monday, September 19, 2016

Sympathy in Smoky Slate

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of my coworkers occasionally asks me if he can purchase one of my hand-stamped cards when he has a special reason for giving someone a special card. He asked me for a thank you card to give to a family who hosted him while he was traveling. Last week, he asked me if I had any sympathy cards. I did have a few of them, but they're earmarked for me to send out (which I'm embarrassingly late about!). So I decided, I'd CASE myself and make one I'd already made and sent--which you can see here. I also CASEd one of my favorite stampers, Dena Rekow!! My card is just  little bit different than Dena's (because I didn't have the same supplies as she did). You can watch Dena's You Tube video at the end of this post.

For my card, I started with a Smoky Slate panel and I stamped a sentiment from the "Heartfelt Sympathy" set in Basic Gray Archival Ink. Next, I used the splatter stamp from the "Timeless Textures" set to stamp in the background.  I stamped these in Basic Gray Archival Ink, but stamped off once or twice to get a more subtle image.

I adhered this panel to a Basic Gray mat. Then, I wrapped a length of Whisper White Organza ribbon around a Smoky Slate card base, cut lengthwise. (Dena calls this a "hotdog" cut and I think I'm going to start using that!) I adhered the stamped assembly to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Dena used the tree builder punch to make the Pool Party flowers on her card. I don't have that punch, so I used the second-smallest flower die from the Fiesta Time Framelits. I put the flowers onto a Stampin' Pierce mat and then used the stylus from the Simply Scored scoring board to make an indent into the flowers. I adhered these to the card with Glue Dots. And I added a small Pearl Embellishment to the center of each flower. My coworker chose this card of the three I showed him. 


Please watch Dena's video to can get more stamping hints on making this card! She shows you a great technique to use with your Stampin' Write markers--mine didn't turn out because my marker was too dry (or I'm inept).


Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment