Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Soft Sky Dragonfly

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  The Dragonfly Dreams bundle is an Occasions favorite.  I don't know anyone who doesn't love this set with matching framelits. And there are some amazing samples out there--just a quick look at Pinterest will show you the beautiful cards that are being created.

I have a confession to make:  the real reason I bought this set is for the bumblebee!  I think it's so cute!  I have an idea for a card featuring that bee, but for today, I'm using the dragonfly.

Today's card is inspired by a card that was on display at the Proverbial Stampers Occasions get-together.  I changed up the card just a little bit, but the design is basically the same.

I started with a 3" square of White Shimmer Paper.  I put a few drops of Soft Sky Reinker into the lid of the Soft Sky Ink Pad and picked up the color with my Aqua Painter.  I just did a quick watercolor wash onto the White Shimmer Paper.  Because I'm impatient, I dried this with my Heat Tool before adhering it to a 3-1/8" square of Mint Macaron Card Stock.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Dragonfly Dreams" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Soft Sky panel.  I also stamped the dots from the set in Soft Sky on this panel.  I adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black mat.  Then I tied a length of Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon at the top of the panel.  I adhered this to a Mint Macaron Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I cut the dragonfly from Basic Black Card Stock using the smaller of the two Detailed Dragonfly Thilits and I cut the solid dragonfly from Soft Sky Card Stock.  I trimmed off the body of the solid dragonfly and adhered the heads together with Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  I adhered the dragonfly to the watercolor square using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  And then I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the square to the card.

For a finishing touch, I added two black sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.  I really like the soft colors with the black on this card.  I think it's very elegant!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment