Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Elegant Sympathy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Yesterday I shared one of the cards I made to swap at Stampin' Up's OnStage event in Salt Lake City. Today and tomorrow I'm sharing my other swaps. Next week I'll be sharing what I get in return.


This card is for a swap I always try to participate in: Barbara Welch's WOW swap. The instructions are to make "over the top" cards and the participants don't fail in that task.  This is another all occasion swap and I chose sympathy because, well, we all need sympathy cards from time to time and it's nice to give a beautiful card to honor someone's memory and provide comfort.






I started with a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Basic Black Card stock. I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper. Then I cut a 1" by 5" strip of black and white "Merry Little Christmas" DSP--this piece is "season neutral" and not Christmas-y at all, IMHO. I flagged the end of this piece with the Banner Triple Punch and adhered it to the card.


Next, I wrapped a length of Gold Metallic-Edge ribbon around the piece and adhered it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. That ribbon is gorgeous!


I stamped a sentiment from the "Heartfelt Sympathy" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I cut this piece out with the largest oval Stitched Shape Framelit.


I cut a gold foil Snowflake in half and adhered it to the back of the oval piece before adhering that to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I think this card is so elegant. I can't wait to see what I get in return!









Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment