Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Palatial Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of the many perks about being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is the opportunity to attend Stampin' Up events.  Every year, Stampin' Up hosts OnStage and OnStage Local events. This year the big OnStage event is being held at Stampin' Up "mecca," also known as Salt Lake City.  I love visiting this city. I love the mountains that surround the city. I love attending the OnStage party and meeting up with stampy friends.  The 2017 OnStage event runs from November 9 to 11, but I'll be there early to attend a special stamping class the day before. This is what I call my "mommy vacation" because it's all about ME and my people!


During every Stampin' Up event, stampers create cards and we swap them. That's so much fun--you get to meet MORE new people and get plenty of new and fun ideas for using stamp sets that you own--or need to own. I also really like to participate in organized swaps. These usually have a theme and a limited number of participants and "rules" about number of layers and embellishments, so you get extra special cards in return.


Over the next three days, I'll be sharing my swaps with you, and when I get back I'll share what I've received. How fun is that?!


Today's card is for an all occasion swap and I chose to do a birthday card. And I chose to use my favorite birthday set "Super Duper."








I started with a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock mat. I added a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper. After I'd cut the DSP pieces, I had some 1" strips left over, so I flipped it over, cut them down to 3-3/4" and adhered them to the card. Next, I wrapped a length of Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon through the polka dot DSP piece and then adhered everything to a Dapper Denim Card Stock card base.


I stamped the "super duper" sentiment in Dapper Denim Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock and used my Paper Snips to fussy cut this image. The straight lines make fussy cutting easy--plus, there's something soothing about fussy cutting.


I cut a Delicate White Doily into quarters and adhered a quarter piece to the back of the sentiment. The I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment to the card.


For the inside of the card (not shown), I stamped another sentiment in Dapper Denim from the "Super Duper" set onto a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock. I added a couple of Lemon Lime starbursts inside the card.


I love how this card turned out and I can't wait to see what I get in return!














Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment