Thursday, February 15, 2018

Amazing Lavender

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Today's card is a little bit rustic and a little bit shabby chic.  It uses the same focal point as yesterday's card, but with a different impact.
As I did yesterday, I stamped the line art (outline) of the lavender spray from the "Lots of Lavender" stamp set in Basic Gray Archival Ink onto a 2-1/4" by 4" piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I filled in the lavender with Fresh Fig Ink, stamped off once. The leaves and stems are filled in with Pear Pizzazz Ink and the bow is Powder Pink. I adhered this to a 2-3/8" by 4-1/8" Fresh Fig Card Stock mat.

I stamped the "amazing you" sentiments from the "Amazing You" stamp set in Fresh Fig Ink onto a 3-1/2" by 1-1/4" piece of Vellum Card Stock and set it aside to dry while I worked on the rest of the card. 

I adhered one end of a length of Linen Thread to the back side of a 4-1/4" by 5-1/2" piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper and let it hang off before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. Then I used the Leaf Punch to punch a sprig of leaves from Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, and Vellum Card Stock. I adhered these to the back of the lavender element and then added a 1/4 Delicate White Doily.

I used the 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch to punch a hole in one side of the stamped Vellum piece. I scored the other end at the 1/2" mark and wrapped it around the lavender element. I adhered the lavender element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish, I threaded the Linen Thread through the hole and tied it into a pretty bow. I'm really pleased with how this turned out--especially the wrap-around vellum piece.
Remember: you can earn each of these sets--"Lots of Lavender" and "Amazing You" with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration. Need them both? Just purchase $100 and get them both for FREE!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment