Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Hello, Little Birdie

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I attended the Proverbial Stampers monthly meeting last week. I don't usually attend because it's almost an hour and half away and it's on a work night. But I had taken the day off to run some errands (OK: I got my hair done and had a manicure) and I knew I could make it to the meeting in time. And I was so glad I did! We always have a fun time sharing stamping and business ideas and making cute cards! Here's a picture of some members of our group. You'll see our fearless leader and Stampin' Up $1 million-plus earner, Connie Heisey, front and center. I'm hiding in the back.


Our make and takes used the really cute--and easily overlooked--"A Good Day" stamp set from the Occasions catalog. This is my favorite of the five cards we made.

We started by adhering a 5-1/4" by 1" strip of Pool Party paper cut from one of the Tutti-Frutti Cards & Envelopes to a 5-1/4" by 4" Calypso Coral panel also cut from the Tutti-Frutti Cards.  You can earn these cards and envelopes for FREE during Sale-a-Bration. We wrapped a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon around the panel before adhering it to a Calypso Coral Card Stock card base.

We stamped the little birdie from the "A Good Day" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink and punched him out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. We adhered this to a Pool Party scalloped circle mat punched with the new 1-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch.

We colored the bird with Pool Party and Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends and adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, we stamped the"hello, friend" sentiment from the set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. We adhered this to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, tucking one end under the bird element. For a finishing touch, we added a heart Metallic Enamel Shape. So cute!!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment