Monday, December 10, 2018

And Now for Something Completely Different

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   It seems like I've been blogging about and making Christmas cards forever! Well, I finally finished making my Christmas cards--all 135 of them!!! "Finished" is a relative term. The card fronts are finished, but I still have to stamp sentiments inside, then sign them, then address them, and then get them in the mail. I'm still on track to do that. But I'm so done with Christmas cards! Let's do something different!

I participated in four organized swaps at Stampin' Up's OnStage Live event in Orlando at the beginning of November. I got so many wonderful cards in return that I'd like to share with you over the next few weeks. (And then I'll start on Occasions and Sale-a-Bration sneak peeks!)

Today's card was made by an anonymous participant in the sympathy card swap. Unfortunately, the designer didn't provide her name, so I can't give her credit. If this is your card, give me a holler!
The designer used the "Accented Blooms" stamp set for the main image and a sentiment from "Flourishing Phrases." She stamped both the main image and the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. The main image is stamped onto a 4-1/4" square of Whisper White Card Stock. The sentiment is stamped on Flirty Flamingo Card Stock and punched with the Tailored Tag Punch.

The designer used Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Flirty Flamingo Watercolor Pencils to color the floral image. (The Flirty Flamingo Watercolor Pencil is exclusive to the "Lots of Happy Card Kit.") She also stamped an extra flower from the main image, colored it with the Daffodil Delight Watercolor Pencil, fussy cut it, and then popped it up with a Stampin' Dimensional. She adhered the sentiment tag with Stampin' Dimensionals as well.

The stamped image is adhered to a 4-1/8" So Saffron Card Stock square, which is adhered to a 4-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock square.

She embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White Card Stock panel with the Subtle Embossing Folder and adhered this directly to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

To finish the card, she used a Glue Dot to adhere the cutest Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle bow to the corner of the card.

Come back tomorrow and the rest of the week for more awesome cards I received during Stampin' Up OnStage Live!!









 
Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment