Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Christmas Thoughts

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  I like to make a variety of Christmas cards every year. I send or give out over 100 cards and making 100 of the same card does NOT appeal to me. I don't mind stamping a stack of cards, but I'm not into stamping a mountain of cards! Besides, I create 12 different card designs for my August through November monthly stamp-a-stack sessions. I make enough "kits" for my stampers and one for myself. And I create other cards for my own use. As of today, I have about 35 cards made (and some in-progress that I'm not counting until they're done). That's pretty good for the beginning of October. But I always seem to be writing and addressing them that last week before Christmas. Maybe this year will be different.

Anyway, today's card is one that I designed for the September Christmas card stamp-a-stack session. I like to include a few designs that are more masculine or "woodsy" and this one fills the bill, don't you think?

I embossed a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Mossy Meadow Card Stock panel with the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder. I used one of the Tasteful Labels Dies to cut a label from the center of a 5-1/4" by 4" Early Espresso Card Stock mat. I adhered the embossed Mossy Meadow panel to this. Then I adhered a 1" by 3-7/8" strip of Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper to the front and wrapped a length of Early Espresso Faux Suede Ribbon around. I adhered everything to a Real Red Card Stock card base.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Itty Bitty Christmas" stamp set in Real Red onto Whisper White and cut it out with another of the Tasteful Labels Dies. I adhered this to the Early Espresso Tag and then adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For some bling--because you can even add bling to a woodsy, masculine card--I added three gold Wonderful Gems to the card.

I even made an inside for the card--which I rarely do!

I stamped two trees from the "Rooted In Nature" stamp set in Mossy Meadow Ink at the bottom of a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White panel. I also stamped a sentiment from the "Cherish the Season" stamp set in Mossy Meadow. That looks nice--maybe I should stamp the card insides more often.

Stay healthy! Stay safe!


 





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment