Sunday, October 4, 2020

Whatever You Wanna Be Stampin'

 

#stampinup   #creationstation   #faithfulinkspirations           This month's Creation Station theme is so much fun: Whatever You Wanna Be Stampin'--Pick a Spice Girl! My favorite Spice Girl is Scary Spice, aka Mel B, and since October is the month when we celebrate Halloween, "scary" seems only fitting, right?

I had an idea for this card but I wasn't sure how I would execute it. I thought about it for a week (aka procrastinated) and as I was waking up Saturday morning I hit upon an idea that I hoped would work--and it worked wonderfully! I love it when a plan comes together. 

My inspired thought was to see if one of the sheets of In Good Taste Designer Series Paper would work for a night sky background--and it did! That DSP is so versatile. (I used it on last month's Creation Station project, too.) And this month--October 2020--it's on SALE for 15% off. This is a great time to stock up on those DSPs you love!


For my Scary Spice card, I wanted a spooky tree and a full moon. There will actually be a full moon this Halloween--how fun! So I made myself a template from Thick Whisper White Card Stock. I cut a circle with one of the World Map Dies, but you could use the Layering Circles Dies or a Circle Punch. 

I used a bit of washi tape to hold the pieces together and I sponged on some Bumblebee Ink. Then I used a Sponge Dauber to sponge on some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. PROTIP: A little goes a long way! #askmehowiknow  Because I'm impatient, I used my Heat Tool to dry the moon once I was done.


Next, I used my Stamparatus to stamp the tree from the "Life Is Beautiful" set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I cleaned the stamp and then stamped over the same image with Versamark so I could use some Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder to set the tree and make it shiny against the night sky. I was so happy with how it turned out--especially on top of that shiny moon!

As I fiddled around with the "Life Is Beautiful" sentiment and I was struck with inspiration a second time! I used one of the Painted Labels Dies to cut a piece of Gray Granite Card Stock. Then I masked the stamp with washi tape so that I could stamp each word separately in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink--but for a twist, I added the "Boo!" sentiment from the "Give a Hoot" set. I added some leaves from the "Life Is Beautiful" set at the bottom. Then I continued the shiny theme by pressing the label into my Versamark Ink pad and embossing it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.

I cut off the bottom of the tag with my Paper Snips and turned it into a tombstone! Before I adhered the stamped DSP to the card, I stamped some Tuxedo Black leaves at the bottom of the tree. I adhered the 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" DSP to a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat and then onto a Blackberry Bliss Card Stock card base. I adhered the tombstone to the card with Black Stampin' Dimensionals.


I don't always make an inside of the card, but since I had out those cute little owls from the "Have a Hoot" stamp set, I went ahead and added an inside.

I stamped the owl in Tuxedo Black and colored him with Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, and Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends. I added a strip of DSP for a little nod to the front of the card.

I hope you enjoyed my journey in making this card. Next up for your inspiration is Denita Wright-Smee.  I can't wait to see her spicy creation!



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

3 comments: