Sunday, January 18, 2015

Creation Station: Amazing Valentine's Day Ideas


Welcome back to Creation Station. Our creative crew took a break over the holidays to enjoy time with friends and family. It was great to catch up and to recharge--and now we're back with some amazing ideas for you!

This time, our theme is Valentine's Day and our team will be using "One Tag Fits All" from the new Occasions catalog as well as "Best Day Ever" from the Sale-A-Bration brochure.

First up is gift box embellished with a tag made with the "One Tag Fits All" set in non-traditional Valentine's Day colors. I started with a Kraft Gift box and a 2-1/2" by 12" strip of Lullaby DSP for the belly band. Score the strip at 1-3/4", 4-3/8", 7-7/8", and 10-3/8". You need to add another piece of 2-1/2" by 1-3/4" at the bottom so that the belly band wraps all the way around the box. I added 25" piece, each, of Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine.

For the tag, I stamped the frame from the "One Tag Fits All" set in Baked Brown Sugar onto a Whisper White Scrap. I colored the stripes on the frame with Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana Stampin' Write markers and then punched the tag with the Note Tag Punch.

Next, I stamped the I you sentiment onto Coastal Cabana and fussy cut the flags. I stamped the sentiment again onto Whisper White and cut the banner with a die from the Circle Card Framelits. I attached a length of Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine to the top of the tag and adhered the flags with glue dots. I colored an Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy sticker with my Coastal Cabana Stampin' Write Marker and stuck it to the heart on the middle flag. Then, I cut a Tea Lace Doily in half, scrunched it up, and adhered it behind the tag. I cut another Note Tag in Coastal Cabana for a smooth backing to the tag assembly. Finally, I added the "It's True" sentiment with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I punched a hole at the top of the tag and tied it onto the box. I also tied knots at the end of the Thick Baker's Twine so it doesn't unravel--and because I like the way it looks!


Next, I made a Valentine's Day card in traditional colors, because this color combo is one of my faves! I started with a Real Red Card base, added a Basic Black mat, and topped it with a panel of Typeset Specialty Series Paper. 

I stamped the "Best. Day. Ever." sentiment in Real Red right onto the Typeset Specialty Series Paper. Next, I stamped three hearts from the "Best Day Ever" set in Real Red onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and punched them out with the heart from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack. I also punched three hearts from Basic Black card stock to give the stamped hearts a shadow when applied to the Specialty Series Paper. I attached the hearts to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I finished the front of the card with two pieces of Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon tied with a knot.

I added a Very Vanilla panel inside the card. I masked part of the "You Made My Day" sentiment, so that I could stamp " you" in Real Red inside the card.


Finally, I cut another piece of Typeset Specialty Series Paper with the Envelope Liner Framelits and added it to a Very Vanilla Envelope.


You can complete the entire blog hop by using the NEXT and BACK buttons below. We hope you enjoy our creations and we hope you're inspired by them, too!

http://stampedsilly.blogspot.com/2015/01/creation-station-were-back-one-tag-fits.html

Supplies for "One Tag Fits All" box.

Product List

Supplies for "Best Day Ever" card.

Product List

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, your decorated gift box is just gorgeous. I love those little tags and your colouring here is just great. I just picked up some of those Epoxy stickers and am keen now to pull them out and have a play. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete