Friday, May 20, 2016

English Garden Thoughts

#stampinup   My favorite designer series paper in the 2015-16 Stampin' Up catalog, by far, is English Garden. I love it so much that I hoarded it for the entire Stampin' Up year. (And I know I'm not the only one who does that!!) But now I have some left and I don't want it to go to waste, so I made a stack of quick and easy cards that showcase this pretty paper.

I started with a floral panel of the English Garden DSP (retiring--and sold out) and backed it with a Melon Mambo mat. I added a length of Tip Top Taupe 1" Dotted Lace Trim (retiring)--until I ran out of it--before adhering everything to a Mossy Meadow (retiring) card base.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Rose Wonder" stamp set in Melon Mambo onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Note Tag Punch (retiring). I punched a small hole at the top of the tag with the 1/16" Hand-Held Circle Punch so that I could tie the tag onto the Tip Top Taupe ribbon with some Linen Thread. I anchored the tag at a jaunty angle using a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals.

When I ran out of Tip Top Taupe ribbon, I made a couple of plain cards, which I think turned out almost as pretty as the others with ribbon!

Here are all the cards that I made in less than 30 minutes. I'm going to donate them to my church. They have a "Monday for the Master" meeting where they pray for church members--and their friends and family--who have requested prayers. They also send cards to those who have requested prayers. I'm glad I can contribute to this effort in my own way.

REMEMBER: Stampin' Up retiring items are only available while supplies last or until  May 31, 2016, whichever comes first. So, if you see something you like, click on the image below and you'll be directed to my online store where you can pick up what you want. Also, fair warning: prices are going UP in the new catalog. Right now a package of 24 sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock is $7.00. In the new catalog the same package will cost you $8.00 so you should stock up now!! Just sayin'!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment