Sunday, May 1, 2016

Creation Station: Going Masculine


#stampinup   #creationstation   Are you ready for the next round of the Creation Station blog hop?! I know I am. I'm always inspired by our fabulous design team. Our theme this time is masculine cards. We have so many wonderful men in our lives, but it seems we sometimes forget to create for them--amiright? Well, you will definitely find some manly inspiration on the hop...so let's get started!

First up is a treat bag for Father's day. I stamped the "World Map" background stamp (retiring) onto a Kraft Tag-a-Bag Gift bag in Early Espresso ink. Since the image from the background stamp is slightly smaller than the gift bag, I turned it into a gusseted bag.

That's really easy to do. Using your Stampin' Trimmer, trim 1/4" of the bottom of the bag. The use your Simply Scored Board to score 1-1/2" from the (now trimmed) bottom and then at 3/4" and 4" along the sides.  You'll need to cut a notch at the bottom of your bag so you can form the bottom, like this.

Now fold up your bag--just like a paper grocery bag. The original sides of the bag will fold inwards to form the gussets. Fold the bottom flaps so the bag will stand flat and adhere with Snail Adhesive or Fast Fuse Adhesive.


Here's a side view of the finished bag, so you can see the flat bottom and gussets.

Next, I cut a 1-1/2" strip of a piece of Mossy Meadow Going Places Designer Series Paper (retiring) and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. I cut a 1" piece of Lost Lagoon card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the World Traveler Embossing Folder and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. I cut a 1/2" strip of another Going Places DSP and flagged it with the Banner Punch (retiring). For my last banner, I cut a 1/2" strip of Vellum Card Stock and stamped the sentiment from the "Going Global" stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink (retiring) and flagged it with the Banner Punch.

I wrapped some Gold Baker's Twine (retiring), twice, around the top of the bag and knotted it so it would stay in place. I clipped the banners to the bag with a clothespin embellishment (retiring), and tied a bow on top of the clothespin.

For a final touch, I unraveled some of the gold from the baker's twine to form gold tendrils.
For my next project, I decided to use my favorite sheet of the Going Places DSP. I've been hoarding these pieces because I love them so much and I didn't want to cut into them for other project. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this habit. I've heard that many stampers suffer from this DSP hoarding affliction. I decided to make the DSP the star of the card (see what I did there?)

I adhered the starry sheet of DSP to a Delightful Dijon mat and then adhered these to a Basic Black Card Stock card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped the globe from the "Going Global" set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a piece of Delightful Dijon cardstock. I cut this out with one of the Circles Framelits (retiring--but there will be NEW layering framelits in the new catalog!) so that some of the Delightful Dijon would remain around the edge. I stamped a sentiment from the "Going Global" set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Delightful Dijon and punched it out with the Sweetheart Punch. I added these elements to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I punched three stars from Gold Glimmer paper using the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (retiring) and adhered them to the card with Glue Dots. I took a scrap of Basic Black Card Stock and painted a few layers of Gold Wink of Stella on top. Then I punched some more stars and added them with Glue Dots.
 You can see the Gold Wink of Stella on this star. So sparkly!!

 Here's another view of the sparkly stars.
I hope you enjoyed my projects. Now hop along to the next blog for more awesome inspiration!

http://www.thecreativitycave.com/my_weblog/2016/05/creation-station-blog-hop-masculine.html
 


Product List
Banner Punch
[133519]
$13.00

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your bag !!!
    Best regards Berdien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Projects, Kathy! Thanks for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gusseted bag, Kathy! Fabulous projects all round. D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea on the bag! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhhh, love the little bag!!! Thanks for the directions too! How kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bag (if that's the right choice of wording for a masculine gift bag)? Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh your bag is super cool. I think the map background stamp sets the stage for a perfect gift bag for any guy. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super - d - duper cool bag Kathy! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete