Friday, April 29, 2016

By the Tide Swap Card

#stampinup   #onstage2016   One of the best things about Stampin' Up events is meeting new stampers and making new friends. At this year's OnStage Live event in Salt Lake City, I met a fun new friend: Lisa Coxon-Fenewald. We met at Lydia Fiedler's pre-event Understand Blue stamping retreat and then had dinner together and sat together during Stampin' Up presentation.

Lisa was so sweet to give me one of her swap cards even though I didn't have any of my own. (All mine were committed to the black and white and one color swap.) I love Lisa's card it's so soft and subtle!

Next, Lisa stamped the marine images from the "By the Tide" stamp set (retiring) in Calypso Coral onto Very Vanilla panels. She added some splatters from the "Gorgeous Grunge" set in Tip Top Taupe--some splatters are stamped full-strength, while others are stamped off once. She stamped the round medallion in Calypso Coral and punched it out with the 1/2" Circle Punch and adhered it to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional.

Lisa used a sentiment from the "Butterfly Basics" stamp set, stamped in Tip Top Taupe. She also used Tip Top Taupe to stamp the script from the "By the Tide" set on the third panel. 

I think the favorite part of the card is the nautical knot Lisa tied in Very Vanilla Thick Baker's Twine on the middle panel. That's a stroke of genius!!

Lisa adhered all three panels to a Tip Top Taupe card base. This card is gorgeous and I'm so glad Lisa gave it to me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment