Wednesday, April 6, 2016

All Hands on Deck

#stampinup   This week's color challenge at the Stamp Ink Paper blog brought to mind a nautical theme. I thought about going straight to the "Traveler" set, but that would have been an obvious choice. Then I spied the "Sea Street" set on my stamp shelf and realized it hasn't gotten as much love as that cute set deserves, so I pulled it off and got ready to add some ink.

http://stampinkpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/SIP-42-Color-Challenge-800.jpg

I stamped the cute octopus in Bermuda Bay onto a Whisper White panel. Then I stamped him again onto a scrap paper and fussy cut his lower half so that I could use it as a mask. I stamped the school of fish in Bermuda Bay across the panel. I stamped the first image with full strength ink and the images to each side in the next "generation" of the stamp so that each image is lighter than the first.

I thought the sentiment from the "Build a Birthday" set would be great with this design. It's stamped in Night of Navy ink. Then, since I apparently cannot get enough of the balloons from the "Party Wishes" stamp set, I stamped two balloons in Night of Navy and one in Pool Party and punched them out with the matching balloon punch from the Party Punches set. 

I added the strings with a Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker--I hope it looks like the octopus is holding the strings! For a final touch--because I realized I hadn't used much Pool Party--I added three Pool Party Candy Dots to the corner of the panel. The Whisper White panel is adhered to a Night of Navy mat, which is adhered to a Bermuda Bay card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.




Product List
Night Of Navy Stampin' Write Marker
Night Of Navy Stampin' Write Marker
[100069]
$3.50

5 comments:

  1. Awesome card Kathy! That octopus holding the balloons is so so cute!! Love the school of fish in the different shades. I would love to case your card! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help but smile when I look at your card. It is super cute!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I also thought nautical when I saw our challenge colours this week. Your combo of the octopus & balloons is very cute. thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your card just makes me so happy! I love that octopus already but with the balloons he is absolutely adorbs! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Gutter cleaning

    ReplyDelete