Sunday, April 3, 2016

Creation Station: Spring Flowers


#stampinup   #creationstation   We're featuring projects with a spring flowers theme for our April edition of Creation Station. I'm ready for spring--the trees in our yard are just past their peak bloom and the flowers are starting to bloom. 



Spring is such a beautiful time of year. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long in central Maryland. It seems we have a few weeks of spring weather and then
blammo
we're well into the hot, sticky (icky) summer! So I'm going to enjoy our fleeting spring days while they last (even if we're going to get snow flurries today)!

Onto the stamping! I went a little outside my usual fare for today's projects. Instead of simply showcasing greeting cards (ain't nuthin' wrong with that), I've done two home decor projects. Let's start with the card.

I've seen this technique out in the stamping blog-o-sphere and I wanted to try my own version of it.  I stamped the swoosh from the "Work of Art" stamp set onto two Whisper White panels in Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo, and Blushing Bride. I cut one of the stamped panels with the single rose thinlit from the Rose Garden Thinlits collection. Then I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the cut rose to the stamped panel.

I adhered the panel to a Basic Black mat and tied on a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon. I stamped the frame and "happy  birthday" stamps from the "Rose Wonder" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with the matching Rose Garden thinlit. I adhered the label to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and then adhered the panel to a Melon Mambo card base.

I'm loving this bold, graphic design! Here's a close up of the cut rose on the stamped swooshes. 

For my next project, I CASEd an idea from my BFF, Lynn Birus. She made the cutest little tchotchke using one of Stampin' Up's wooden blocks. I've been admiring Lynn's block for years and I finally made my own!

I added a strip of English Garden Design Series Paper to a strip of Mossy Meadow Card Stock. I wrapped this around the block, scoring the piece with my Simply Scored Board, so I would have crisp corners and so the paper would lie taut on the block. I adhered the ends with Fast Fuse Adhesive.

I stamped the sentiment from the "Perfect Pennants" set in Melon Mambo onto a 1-1/2" strip of Whisper White Card Stock. I slipped the paper into the Note Tag Punch with the end hanging out so I could have a longer tag. I punched Blushing Bride and Melon Mambo flowers with the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and added them to the tag with Glue Dots. I punched a hole at the top of the tag with the 1/8" Circle Hand-Held Punch.

I tied a length of Blushing Bride 1/4" Cotton Ribbon around the top of the block and tied the tag to the ribbon with a length Linen Thread. For a finishing touch, I added a Basic Pearl to the center of each flower.


Here's a pic of the "before" and "after" blocks!

For my final project, I framed the Isaiah scripture from the "Rose Wonder" stamp set. This scripture stamp was the reason I bought this set. I love the scripture and the script! I stamped the scripture in Night of Navy onto a 4" x 6" Whisper White panel. I cut an oval using one of the Ovals Framelits Collection out of a 4" x 6" piece of Night of Navy Card Stock and a slightly larger oval out of a 4" x 6" piece of English Garden DSP. I used Stampin' Dimensionals between each layer to give some depth to the project. 


Next, I made two flowers from English Garden DSP using the Spiral Flower Originals Bigz Die. I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the flowers together. Then, I cut narrow strip of Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper with my Fringe Scissors, rolled that up, glimmer side in, and glued it into the center of the flowers using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. I folded the fronds outward. I adhered the flowers to the frame with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I'm pleased with the way the frame turned out and how it showcases the scripture.

Well, those are my projects for the April Spring Flowers Creation Station blog hop. You can keep hopping around the blog by using the "next" and "back" buttons below. I know you'll be inspired by our design team--I'm always wowed and inspired by their projects!!


http://hollyshobbs.blogspot.com/2016/04/spring-flowers-with-creation-station.html
http://stampinbythesea.com/creation-station-botanical-garden


Product List

Product List

Product List

8 comments:

  1. Such great projects, Kathy!! Love the picture frame! I have a soft spot for spiral flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects Kathy. Love the scripture in a frame like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fabulous projects! All showing and element of spring flowers. Love them all but my favourite is the Bible verse in the frame. It looks stuning in the frame and I love the DSP surrounding it. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! I really like the little wooden block - very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all!! I am totally going to CASE the rose card with the splashes of color, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super projects Kathy. I really love your use of the DSP in the frame. Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything you created Kathy! I will certainly have to give that card a try! Love the blushing bride glitter paper inside the flowers too! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete