Friday, April 8, 2016

Hello Swoops


 

#stampinup   When I saw the code word at the Addicted to Clean and Simple--ATCAS--challenge blog, I thought, "What in the world are inlaid dies?" I really had no idea. And then I looked at the fabulous samples and knew exactly what that is. Let me see if I can explain, well, take a look at my card recipe below and I think that will explain it!

I started with a Whisper White panel and used the swoop stamp from the "Work of Art" set and stamped it three times in Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo, and Blushing Bride. (I got this idea from this card I made earlier this week). Then I used the hello die from the Thinlits Framelits collection to cut the word out of the stamped swoop. (I put that aside in my card parts pile because I can certainly use that for another card!) Next, I cut the same "hello" framelit out of a scrap of Whisper White.

I adhered the stamped panel to a Basic Black mat and then onto a Melon Mambo card base, cut lengthwise. Then--here's where the "inlaid" comes into play--I filled the negative space left in the stamped image with a light layer of glue from the Fine-Tip Glue pen and laid in the plain white "hello." Get it? 

This turned out so cute! I might try this technique again soon!




Product List

2 comments:

  1. Awe... CUTE! Simple and stylish. Thanks for playing along with ADTCAS this week. x Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you tried the inlaid die cut technique...your card is a perfect example,great job!
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete