Monday, April 25, 2016

Sharing My OnStage2016 Swap Cards (Part One)

#stampinup   #onstage2016   Whenever I got to Stampin' Up events, one of the most fun things to do is to swap cards with other stampers. It's a great way to meet new stamping friends and it's a great way to collect new ideas for my own card making. It's also a good way to collect ideas for stamp sets I don't own, so I can show my customers different stamp sets "in action."


At this year's OnStage Live event in Salt Lake City, I only participated in one organized swap. The new catalog is about to come out and products are about to retire. (You can see the retiring list here--get 'em while they're hot. Retiring items are only available while suplies last!) I didn't want to get a bunch of swap cards with retiring products. So...only one swap. It was an awesome swap--black and white and one color. I'm sharing my favorites with you this week on the blog!


I love this card for the subtle pop of color. The artist, I think it was Laura Fernsler (I sent everything home already and don't have these cards with me right now), punched ten flowers using the Petite Petals Punch and ten flowers using the flower stamp from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack (retiring). She adhered these in a grid onto a Basic Black card base and added a Basic Rhinestone in the center of each. She also punched one Petite Petals flower and one Itty Bitty Punch Pack flower in Soft Sky.


For the sentiment, the artist stamped the banner from the "Number of Years" stamp set and a sentiment from the "Cottage Greetings" stamp set in Basic Black onto a Whisper White scrap and cut them out using one of the Large Numbers Framelits Dies, that coordinate with the "Number of Years" set.


I love, love, love this card!




All images Copyright Stampin' up



No comments:

Post a Comment