Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Chocolate Birthday Wishes

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I've seen a couple of examples of cards using the "Cake Soiree" stamp set to make a chocolate cake and they looked so delicious that I had to try it myself. I simply love this stamp set and the matching Sweet Cake Framelits Dies and, of course, the gorgeous Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper. Look at this fabulous card!!!
I started by stamping the cake in Versamark Ink onto Chocolate Chip Card Stock and then embossing it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I colored the flowers with both the Light and Dark Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends.

I made a cake stand from Silver Foil Paper using two of the Sweet Cake Framelits Dies. I also cut the bow on top of the cake from Silver Foil Paper. I stamped the "best wishes" sentiment in Chocolate Chip Ink onto a piece of Thick Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with the tag framelit from the Sweet Cake Dies--and then I snipped off the top of the tag.

Building the card was a piece of cake (see what I did there?). I cut a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of the Calypso Coral sheet included in the Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Chocolate Chip Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon around these pieces before adhering them to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock Card Base.

I adhered the two pieces of the cake stand directly to the card and then adhered the cake on top with Stampin' Dimensionals. I used a cleverly hidden Glue Dot to add the bow at the top. Finally, I ran a bit of Snail Adhesive across the top of the tag and tucked it under the ribbon.

This card is so yummy, I could eat it up. Oh! That reminds me--I haven't had dinner. Gotta run!!








 
Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment