Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Fabulous Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I found out that two of my coworkers are celebrating birthdays this week. You'd think I'd have a stack of birthday cards around to give them. Well, duh, I do. But it's always fun to make something new. And since I procrastinated until the last minute, I needed to design something quick. Designer Series Paper to the rescue!

I love the Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper you can earn for FREE during Sale-a-Bration (ends March 31). It's so fun and colorful. It coordinates with the "Bubble Over" stamp set in the Occasions catalog which I don't have. But never fear! I used a set I do have--"Picture Perfect Birthday." Here's my quick and easy and colorful and fun birthday card. Not bad for waiting until the very last minute, huh?

I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I cut a 1" strip of the bottles from the Bubbles & Fizz DSP and a 1/2" strip of the striped DSP and adhered these directly to the card. I tied on a length of Calypso Coral Shimmer Ribbon at the bottom. This ribbon--and two other colors--is also a FREE Sale-a-Bration item! I adhered this panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Bermuda Bay Card Stock mat and then onto a Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Picture Perfect Birthday" stamp set in Bermuda Bay Ink onto a Whisper White piece and cut it out with one of the Layering Ovals Framelits. I used another Layering Oval Framelit to cut a scalloped mat from the Bermuda Bay Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper. Since I find it hard to get Snail Adhesive to stick to glimmer paper, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the stamped card stock element to the glimmer mat and then used Snail Adhesive to adhere the element to the card. Stampin' Dimensionals actually stick really well to glimmer paper--go figure!

Finally, I added a few Tutti-Frutti Adhesive Backed Sequins to the card because they're pretty fun, too.  

Inside the card, I used the same arrangement: a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel on a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Bermuda Bay mat. I stamped a sentiment from the "Picture Perfect Birthday" set in Bermuda Bay and added some sprinkles in Lemon Lime Twist and Calypso Coral Ink. Cute!!

Don't mind that glob of glue on my finger--that's from the birthday card I'll be showing you tomorrow. Come back again for another quick and easy colorful and fun birthday card!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment