Monday, February 18, 2019

Abounding Thanks

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Have you missed me? I think I've been hibernating this winter. I just haven't had the get-up-and-go to do much of anything--not even stamping! I've just been chilling around the house. Maybe that's what my mind and body need. But my mind also needs to create and I've missed my stamping room and all my fun toys. So this long weekend gave me time to make some cards from the Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs. I'll be using these in an upcoming stamp-a-stack hosted by one of my friends.

First up is a card made with the "Beauty Abounds" stamp set. This set has so many pretty elements. I chose to go clean and simple and only used three of the stamps in the set. Let me tell you, this clean and simple card was HARD for me to make. I had an idea, but it took a while to get it onto the paper just the way I wanted it. I made several similar cards before I was satisfied. Does that ever happen to you? Here's my final product. What do you think?

I stamped the floral spray in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink diagonally onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel. I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black, too. The butterfly is stamped in Coastal Cabana Ink. I used a Blender Pen to color the leaves in Granny Apple Green and the flowers in Flirty Flamingo.

I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Flirty Flamingo Card Stock mat and then wrapped a length of Flirty Flamingo Ribbon from the All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack. I adhered this to a 4" by 5-1/4" Granny Apple Green Card Stock mat and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

For the finishing touches, I tucked a half Pearlized Doily under the ribbon and added three Rhinestone Jewels among the leaves of the floral spray.

I think I finally nailed this design--but it certainly was a long time in the making!











Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment