Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Hoppy Birthday

#stampinup   #saleabration2019   #faithfulinkspirations   You know, I didn't really like the "So Hoppy Together" stamp set when I first saw it. But it's growing on me. Maybe because simply everyone loves those whimsical frogs! And I have to admit that they're fun to color with Stampin' Blends. Let's take a look at a cute birthday card I made for an upcoming stamp-a-stack.

I started by stamping the frog and the flies in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Thick Whisper White Card Stock. I put both stamps on the same block and stamped them together. I colored the frog with a Light Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blend and a Light Calypso Coral Stampin' Blend. I cut out the frog with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits and adhered that to a Fresh Fig Card Stock scalloped circle cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits.

Next, I cut two smaller circles from Thick Whisper White Card Stock using a Stitched Shapes Framelit. On one circle, I stamped the dragonfly in Tuxedo Black and colored it with the Light Shaded Spruce and Light Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends.  For the sentiment piece, I colored directly onto the "hoppy for you" stamp with a Fresh Fig Stampin' Write Marker and stamped it onto the circle. Then I inked up "birthday" from the "Thoughtful Banners" stamp set in Calypso Coral Ink and stamped that right below "hoppy." Both of these are adhered to a Fresh Fig scalloped circle cut with a smaller Layering Circles Framelit.

To build the card I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" Calypso Coral Card Stock mat that I embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder onto a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Fresh Fig Card Stock mat. (PROTIP: Cut the scalloped circles from this mat before assembly!!) I adhered these to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I put a little Snail Adhesive at the bottom of the card and zig-zagged a 12" length of Fresh Fig 1/8" Sheer Ribbon on top. I adhered all three circles with Stampin' Dimensionals. And I added one Clear Faceted Gem to the frog piece, just for fun.













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment