Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Did Someone Say "Cake"?!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   If you know me, really know me, you know that I love cake! Well, a certain kind of cake:  yellow or white cake with buttercream frosting. If you add sprinkles, you'll have made my day!  There's something about a birthday cake or a wedding cake that's just a perfect melange of sweetness that makes me really, really happy!

Today's card uses a three images from Stampin' Up's super cute "Amazing Life" stamp set. I lined all three images up on one acrylic block (block E) and stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock that I cut with one of the Stitched Rectangles Framelits. The "Amazing Life" and Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits come in a bundle, saving you 15% off the price if you ordered them separately!!
I used a Light Petal Pink Stampin' Blend to color the cake and flower, a Light Mint Macaron Stampin' Blend to color the leaves, the candle, and the word "cake," and a Light Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend to color the candle's flame.

I cut a larger rectangle from Mint Macaron Card Stock with another Stitched Shape Rectangle Framelit and adhered the stamped piece to it. 

Next, I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Sahara Sand Card Stock with the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder that carried over from the Holiday Catalog. I added a 1-1/2" by 5-1/4" strip of Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper and then wrapped a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon around before adhering everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I added the stamped image to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I love the soft colors of this card and the cake looks good enough to eat!!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment