Monday, August 17, 2020

Faith vs Fear

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I really like saying: "Let your faith be bigger than your fear." It's a perfect saying to affirm that our God is bigger than anything that can harm us. This saying is certainly poignant during this time of COVID. I started off the COVID crises vacillating between utter fear and a "bring it on" kind of bravado. Those swings were wild. Then someone posted the thought: "Faith over fear" and I realized that was just what I needed to hold on to. Just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego said, when faced with the fiery furnace, "Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up." (Dan. 3:17-18)  Those young men had faith over fear that God could save them, but even if he did not, their faith was greater than their fear. I endeavor to live that out in my life...even if it takes me a minute to get there.

So I was super excited to see the "Ridiculously Awesome" stamp set in Stampin' Up's 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. This set was designed by million-dollar-earner Ronda Wade. And in this set, she included the phrase, "Let your FAITH be stronger than your fear."

I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy Ink onto a 2-3/8" by 3-5/8" Whisper White panel. I adhered this to a scalloped Night of Navy Card Stock rectangle that I cut with one of the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I embossed a 3-5/8" by 5" Granny Apple Green Card Stock panel with the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder and then adhered it to a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White mat. I adhered a 1" by 3-1/2" strip of Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper to this and then adhered everything to a Night of Navy Card Stock card base. 

Next, I wrapped a length of Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon around the sentiment piece and adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I punched a flower from a sheet of Rainbow Shimmer Paper with the Small Bloom Punch and used a Stampin' Dimensional to adhere it to the card. For a finishing touch, I added an Artistry Blooms Sequin to the center of the flower.

I hope you are able to have faith over fear--now in the time of COVID and throughout your life.

Stay healthy! Stay safe!







 

tams# 48844  

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment