Friday, February 28, 2014

It's Time for a Fab Friday Color Challenge!

I'm so bummed that I couldn't get my act together quick enough to play in last week's Fab Friday sketch challenge. I mean, the whole reason I started this blog was so that I could play along on the Fab Friday challenges. And then I started playing in other challenges (cuz I need inspiration every day) and then I had loads of projects, and well, the last Fab Friday challenge got away from me.

But that's not gonna happen this time. No siree!! I'm on it. On the day the challenge came out. If I'm fast enough I think I'm going to be the second person to post a project for the challenge. Perhaps if it wasn't almost midnight, I could have been the first person. But whatevs. I was instantly inspired by this challenge and knew immediately what I was going to do. How often does that happen?!

So here's the Fab Friday color challenge #36

 

And here's the design I came up with.

(Stamp Set: Six-Sided Sampler; Inks: Crush Curry, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay; Card Stock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White; DSP: Kaleidoscope; Accessories; Bermuda Bay and Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Hexagon Punch, Honeycomb Embossing Folder)
I think this turned out pretty spiffy. I like all the geometric designs in the DSP, the embossing folder and the hexagons. I originally had only the Bermuda Bay ribbon wrapped around the DSP, but it kind of got lost there. So, I added another piece of Basic Black Ribbon and tied the knots together.




2 comments:

  1. I do like your decision to layer the 2 ribbon colors together...definitely doesn't get lost against the DSP! Great card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card!! Love the double ribbons!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete