Friday, February 14, 2014

Ombre Hello Lovely

Ombre is trending. My daughter has dyed her hair ombre:  dark brown, dark red, dark blonde. It looks really nice. Ombre is trending in home decor and crafting, too. I thought I'd try a simple ombre card. First, you need to decide on the colors you'll use. I tried different combinations of pinks and as well as combinations of blues. I decided I liked the pinks the best. For this card, I used Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, and Blushing Bride to get my ombre efffect. I started off with Pink Pirouette as the lightest color, but it was too light. I might try this again with blues. I like the color gradients. And, of course, I had to add a bit of bling to the card and some ribbon for the finishing touches.

(Stamp Sets: Hello Lovely, Apothecary Art; Inks: Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Blushing Bride; Card Stock: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals; Accessories: Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones)

No comments:

Post a Comment