Friday, March 21, 2014

My Very Own Color Challenge!!

So, I've been playing along in a bunch of challenges. It's been fun and inspiring--and it's really what keeps this blog going. I think it's about time that I host my own color challenge!! Whee!!

Somehow I stumbled upon a site called Design Seeds (For All Who Love Color).  Every day there are two new photos and color combinations. The photos and colors are simply gorgeous! I've been drooling over the site every day for a couple of months now, wondering if I have the chutzpah to actually host my own challenge. (Well, hosting the first one is easy...keeping up the momentum is what's going to be hard.)

Let's try a fortnightly challenge--every two weeks. Every other Friday. How's that work for you?

Ready for the first challenge? Here's your inspiration.

color school
(Website: http://design-seeds.com/index.php/home/entry/color-school)
Approximate Stampin' Up Colors from top to bottom: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit, Smoky Slate. If you want to play along, post your card to the InLinkz link at the bottom of this post. You can also email me a photo of your creation and I'll post it for you!!

Here's my creation. I used two Framelits from the Apothecary Accents set. I cut the Soft Sky medallion in half to use behind the Whisper White Medallion. I used one of the hole punching thingies from the Chalk Talk Framelit set on the "ears" of the rectangular Apothecary Accent piece so I could tie on the ribbon.

(Stamp Set: See Ya Later; Ink: Bermuda Bay; Card Stock: Summer Starfruit, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Soft Sky, Whisper White; Accessories: Apothecary Accents and Chalk Talk Framelits, Decorative Dots and Square Lattice Embossing Folders, Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon)




No comments:

Post a Comment