Monday, October 6, 2014

Live the Life You Imagined

One of my best work friends retired last week. I miss her already! We worked together in our office and we traveled together with our team to all corners of the world. She's smart and funny and hard-working and kind and caring and just an all-around great person. I miss her already!

Fortunately my friend is retiring locally so we'll be able to get together often. In fact, several women from our team are taking our friend out to dinner tonight. I think the sentiment "Live the Life You Imagined" is a great retirement send-off. My friend is retiring because she wants to accomplish lots of other things in her life and work was just getting in the way! That's the way to retire!

Here's a card I made for my friend. I CASEd this awesome card from UK stamper, Julie Kettlewell. You ought to take a look around at the rest of Julie's blog, too. She's got some amazing work there!!

(Stamp Sets: Traveler, Really Good Greetings, Hardwood Background; Inks: Soft Suede, Night of Navy; Card Stock: Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Naturals Ivory; Accessories: Angled Tag Topper Punch,Early Espresso Baker's Twine)
I can't believe I'd never inked up--or mounted--the Hardwood Background stamp. It's awesome!! I'm going to use it a lot now that it's seen some ink (and I've remembered that I own it)!

Here's the inside of the card. Another sentiment from "Really Good Greetings" was fitting here, as well.

(Stamp Sets: Traveler, Really Good Greetings; Ink: Soft Suede; Card Stock: Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory)

No comments:

Post a Comment