Thursday, October 30, 2014

Watercooler Challenge

Someone left a comment on my blog inviting me to join a new blog challenge: Watercooler Challenges. Well, I'm always up for a new challenge, so I hopped right over there to see what was happenin'! 

The current Watercooler Challenge is to CASE (copy and steal everything) one of our favorite pins on Pinterest. Well, the Stampin' Up! artisans had so many wonderful creations and I pinned one that had so many textures and layers, yet was so clean and simple. This card just spoke to me.

My hairdresser is up and leaving (me) and moving to Florida. She's always wanted to live on the beach and she's made the decision to go there before winter hits here on the East Coast. I say, "Good for her!" (even though it's going to be bad for my hair!) I wanted to make a special card for her to wish her all the best on her new adventure. I was happy to CASE this beautiful card to send her on her way!

(Stamp Sets: Really Good Greetings, Choose Happiness, Gorgeous Grunge; Inks: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar; Card Stock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, Natural Chevron Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim, Linen Thread, Ovals Framelits Collection, Basic Pearls)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Both your version and the original are great cards. I may have to add it to my CASE list. (which is very very long)

    A new challenge starts tomorrow (Sunday Nov. 2) ... hope you'll join us again! Thanks for being a part of the challenge and spreading the word as we are still very new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, thanks for joining our Watercooler Challenge. I love the little changes you've made to the original card. That strand of sequins really adds a WOW factor. I think you've not only CASEd the original beautifully but have also added a lot of your own flair to your version. TFS

    ReplyDelete