Sunday, February 8, 2015

Creation Station: Putting on the Spritz



This week at the Creation Station we're featuring the new Occasions set "Sheltering Tree" and the Sale-A-Bration Irresistibly Yours DSP.  Our theme is spritzing technique. Well, I don't own that stamp set and my DSP isn't coming until the end of the week. So, I'm going to go with the spritzing technique theme!!

First, I'm going to show you the outside of my project. I made three 3"x3" cards and matching envelopes. The envelopes are made with the Envelop Punch Board using Gold Soiree Specialty Series paper. I tied the cards together with Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon. I added a Watercolor Paper tag punched with the Note Tag punch and the 1/4" circle hand-held punch. The tag is stamped in Melon Mambo with the flower from the "Choose Happiness" set. I stamped the "just because" sentiment from the "And Many More" set in Mossy Meadow.

I started with a square of Watercolor Paper. I stamped one end of my clear block directly into a Mossy Meadow ink pad and the other end into an Old Olive ink pad. Using a Stampin' Spritzer, I spritzed the block with water (you can use alcohol--it dries faster!) and then used the block to stamp onto the squares of Watercolor Paper. One square was stamped full strength, then I stamped the next square and then the next so card is a bit different. 

Next, I inked up the "Choose Happiness" flower in Melon Mambo and spritzed the stamp with water, and then I stamped on top of the green. I mounted the Watercolor Paper squares onto Melon Mambo cardstock, wrapped them in a length of Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon, and then adhered them to the 3"x"3" Mossy Meadow card base.

Here's a close-up of one of the cards. I think this looks like impressionist or pointillist paintings. A little. If you squint and use your imagination!

Next up on the Creation Station blog hop is Sara Levin. I know you're going to love what she's created!!

http://tenealewilliams.com.au/2015/02/creation-station-blog-hop-sheltering-tree


To go back to Jen Arkfeld's blog post, click here.





Product List

2 comments:

  1. Spritzing is such fun! Thanks for sharing, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique! Thanks for sharing!! Those colors together are so pretty! And what a great gift to give with the cute envelopes you created!

    ReplyDelete