Monday, February 23, 2015

Sweet Pastel Birthday

I had something else in mind when I started this card. I was designing it in my head all day long. When I got home I reviewed the sketch at the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge blog, I saw those three little dots/elements and realized my design didn't quite meet the mark. No problem--I can use that design another time.

CCMC343

I started with a sweet pastel color scheme: Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White. I like the way the Honeycomb embossing folder coordinates with the Hexagon Punch. The punched images are a bit larger, but I think that helps the design. I like the little punch of Basic Black for the sentiment from the "And Many More" greetings stamp set.

So pretty (if I do say so myself) and so quick and easy!


Product List

7 comments:

  1. Love how you carried over the hexagon shape from the background and made it the focal point. Clever! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple look of the hexigons - a great all-occasion card! Thanks for joining us in the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a quick and CAS card using the hexagons! Pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card fora spring birthday! Love the greens and pinks! I like how you used the hexagon background and tied it together with the hexagon stamps. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and simple card! Love the pretty colors! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely CAS card with great texture too! Wonderful interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful CAS card! I love how you carried over your texture for the 3 additional elements. GREAT birthday card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary's Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete