Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Pre-Cycled Card Parts

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Over the Christmas break, I straightened up a little in my stamping room. I cleared some stuff off my desk and sorted through my pile of "card parts." Card parts are those little stamped or punched or die cut elements that you had planned to use on a card, but then decided to go in another direction. I don't know anyone who can just throw away a "card part." Just because it didn't work for the card you're currently working on, doesn't mean it won't come in handy later, right?

Well, I actually did toss some of my card parts. I figured some of them would never be used--and some were from retired sets or retired colors. But I found a few elements in my card parts pile--from different card ideas that hadn't panned out--that went very nicely together. I had a couple of stamped and die cut flowers from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set as well as a piece of Whisper White Card Stock with a sentiment stamped on it, from the same set! I also found a piece of Sweet Sugarplum die cut with one of the Flourish Thinlits. Here's what I came up with. I think it's pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

I cut the sentiment out with a circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits and adhered it to a Basic Black scalloped circle mat that I cut from one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel with the new Scattered Sequins Embossing Folder and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black mat. I wrapped the Sweet Sugarplum trellis element cut from the Flourish Thinlits around this assembly--just like I would do with a piece of ribbon. Then I adhered everything to a Sweet Sugarplum Card Stock card base.

Next, I adhered the sentiment to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I adhered the two stamped and die cut flowers--one in Berry Burst and one in Sweet Sugarplum--also using Stampin' Dimensionals. For a finishing touch, I added a Glitter Enamel Dot to the center of each flower. So cute! Just think: some of the elements on this card might have ended up in the recycling bag until I realized what a great card they'd make together.








Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment