Monday, January 1, 2018

Simply Wild

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ublueunwind   Happy New Year! I can't believe another year has flown by! Our family stayed in for the night and hibernated and it was glorious! No one had to get dressed up; no late night drive home. Just vegging in our jammies. I think we might make that a new tradition. I don't really make new year's resolutions, but one of my goals is to get back to stamping and blogging every week day during 2018. I was able to achieve that goal for two years running...and then I slacked off in 2017. Big time. So wish me luck and come back every weekday and visit my blog for a new posting. You can sign up to be notified by email over there on the right side of this blog.

Today's project is an oldie, but a goodie. Well, it's not so old, but I've had this card since I attended Lydia Fiedler's Unwind Retreat in Salt Lake City in November. I completely forgot that I hadn't shared it. I love, love, love this super simple technique! Lydia's like that--she gives us techniques that we should have been able to figure out on our own, but it takes her genius to bring these ideas to fruition. Look at how cute this card is!

You know those tiny strips of cardstock that you have left over after cutting down your mats--like the Lemon Lime Twist mat on this card? What do you do with yours? I toss mine because they're too narrow to stamp a sentiment on. (I save my 1/2" strips, but anything less than 1/2" gets recycled.) Well, Lydia apparently saves hers and then she lines them up and adheres them to a simple Crumb Cake mat (3-3/4" by 5"). And then she stamps on them. What?! This little dinosaur and the sentiment is from the "Pieces and Patterns" stamp set and stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink. 

I adhered the stamped mat to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Lemon Lime Twist mat and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise. So adorable!!

I hope your year is off to a good start and I wish you health and happiness in the coming year.




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment