Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Best Route Masculine Swap Card

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #onstage2018   One of the best things to do when you attend a Stampin' Up event is to swap cards. You get so many ideas from a variety of stampers--and you get samples of cards made with stamp sets that you might not own. This time, I participated in five organized swaps. That means that I signed up for a spot in a swap group and made a set number of cards. You can also swap in general swaps--swap with any of the attendees--but I didn't have time to make more than my 76 cards for the five organized swaps I participated in. Do you think 76 cards is a lot? It is! But I'm a piker compared to some of the demonstrators who swap 100, 200, or more!

I made today's card for a masculine card swap. We all need cards for the men in our lives, but sometimes it's hard to make a card without flowers or ribbon or other doodads, right? My card is made with products from the Best Route Suite on pages 52 and 53 of the annual catalog.

I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Blueberry Bushel Card Stock mat with the Maps Etc. Embossing Folder. I adhered that to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Pineapple Grove Card Stock panel and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

Next, made a banner from a 1" strip of Best Route Designer Series Paper using the Banner Triple Punch. I adhered that to the back of a 3" by 4" piece of Best Route DSP and onto the card. I adhered a 1/2" by 2" strip of another piece of Best Route DSP to the card front.

I stamped the map image and sentiment from the "En Route" stamp set in Pineapple Grove and Blueberry Bushel Inks onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with a square Stitched Shapes Framelit. I adhered this to a larger Pineapple Grove Card Stock square, also cut with a Stitched Shapes Framelit. I adhered this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the card, I added two of the cute Best Route Enamel Shapes to the card.

I think this would be a great card for a teen-aged or young adult guy, don't you?

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow to see another of my card swaps.













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment