Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Lovely in Pink

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   We're quickly heading into winter here in central Maryland. It's still fall, but the temperature has been quite winter-like. I'm not complaining. I love both fall and winter. The weathermen have been predicting MORE snow than usual and I'm super excited about that. I'm just like a school kid--I love snow days! Only now, I spend them inside with a warm drink and a good book--or some stamping time to myself!

Today's card is definitely not fall- or winter-like. It reminds me of the gorgeous cherry blossoms we have in the spring time. And the "just breathe" sentiment makes the picture that much more serene.

I started by cutting the branch from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits from the center of 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat, like this. That's my favorite PROTIP to save paper--'cause who's going to know there's something missing from the center of the mat?

Next, I used the Woodland Embossing Folder to emboss a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock mat. I used the Stamparatus to add the "Just Breathe" sentiment to the card in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. That allowed me to overstamp the sentiment a couple of times to fill in some of the nooks and crannies left by the embossing. I adhered this piece to the Basic Black Card Stock mat, and then onto a Lovely Lipstick Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I used a little Snail Adhesive to adhere the tree branch, cutting off the excess. You could also use either Mono Multi-Purpose Glue or the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

I stamped three of the flowers from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set in Lovely Lipstick Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock, and again without reinking, for a lighter set of flowers. I cut them out with their matching Seasonal Layers Thinlit and adhered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I love the lovely simplicity of this card! Come back tomorrow for another "Just Breathe" card!













Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment