Thursday, November 15, 2018

Black and White Elegance

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of my favorite swaps to participate in at Stampin' Up events is the black-and-white-only swap. There's something so elegant about a card that's just black and white. I honestly had a little trouble thinking about what I was going to create for this swap, and then, as sometimes happens, I had a bolt of inspiration hit me! I would use the Detailed Floral Thinlits! Here's how my card turned out.

And here's how to make the card. I started with a 4-1/4" by 5-1/2" Basic Black Card Stock panel and ran it through the Big Shot with the Detailed Floral Thinlits. Since I don't have the Precision Plate, I ran the thinlit through three times! Your Big Shot Brush and Foam Mat are your BFF's for this detailed thinlit. They really help getting all the shards out of the card stock and out of the framelit. I also use a special tool that I created myself--I open up a paper clip and use the end to punch out the stuck card stock pieces. (It also doubles as a toothpick--don't ask me how I know!) 

I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around the center of the die-cut and then secured it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base with some strategically placed Glue Dots.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Love What You Do" stamp set in Tuxedo Basic Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I cut that out with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I also cut a scalloped Basic Black Card Stock circle from the same set of framelits. I adhered the sentiment to the scalloped circle and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment piece to the card. Boom!

Tomorrow's card is my swap for the black and white and a pop of color swap! Come on back and see it!









Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25



No comments:

Post a Comment