Monday, November 19, 2018

Creation Station OnStage Swap

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation  I'm still super stoked about the time I spent at Stampin' Up's OnStage Live event in Orlando, Florida. I had such a great time seeing all the new products for the upcoming Occasions and Sale-a-Brations catalogs. And I'm really excited about the benefits that NEW demonstrators will receive if they join during Sale-a-Bration--you will not want to miss that! Stay tuned for more info in January.

I also was so pleased to get to spend time--in real life--with many of my Creation Station Design Team members. We "meet" up each month during our blog hop, but we've never met in person. It was a pleasure meeting these amazing artists and getting to know them a little better. Here's our team selfie, taken by the selfie queen, Dena Rekow.


We did a Creation Station Design Team swap, and let me tell you I was really nervous making an over-the-top card for this group! I am so humbled to be in their presence. There are two former and one current Stampin' Up Artisans in this group. I had to pull out all the stops on this card. I'm really pleased with how it turned out--but I was sweating bullets getting it done!

I started by giving a Watercolor Paper panel a Pool Party wash with an Aqua Painter. When that was dry, I stamped the main image from the "Serene Garden" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto the panel. I used the Stamparatus so that I could stamp several times and fill in all the nooks and crannies in the Watercolor Paper. I adhered this to a Basic Black mat, then to a Copper Foil mat, and then to a larger Basic Black mat, that I had embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "All Things Thanks" stamp set in Versamark onto a Vellum Cardstock strip. I sprinkled on some Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with my Heat Gun. I wrapped this strip around the stamped image, securing it in the back. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this piece to a Blushing Bride Card Stock card base, the front of which I embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder.

I stamped the flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Watercolor Paper scraps. When the ink was dry, I used an Aqua Painter to color them with Blushing Bride Ink. While the ink was still wet, I sprinkled on a concoction of Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and then set it with my Heat Tool and then cut them out with the matching Garden Scene Framelit. The picture doesn't do the flowers' sparkle justice.

To finish the card, I added three copper sequins from the Metallic Sequins Assortment. The Fine-Tip Glue Pen is perfect for this!

Despite my worry, I think my card held its own among the greatness of the Creation Station members' swaps. They were all beautiful! I'm so glad to have my own pieces of art made by these amazing artists!





Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment