Monday, June 15, 2020

Straight Up!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  Straight up--is it going to be you and me forever--oops, having flashbacks to the 1980s...Straight up, the "Whiskey Business" stamp set is one of my favorites in the new catalog. I got it because my husband is a whiskey connoisseur. Me? I'm a cheap date--give me a bottle of Mike's Hard Limeade (oh, wait, they don't make that anymore). Anyway, I thought it would be fun to pair this set with some of the elements from the In Good Taste Suite. I think it worked out perfectly! Here's a card I've made for an upcoming swap with my fellow Proverbial Stampers.
I started by stamping the decanter and glass in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White, but I thought that was too stark for this design. Then I switched to Gray Granite, but that was too "muddy." Smoky Slate was too light, so I settled on Basic Gray, which was just right! I colored the whiskey with a Dark Crumb Cake Stampin' Blend and then a Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend--remember, these "blend" colors, so the finished product was perfect! I added Clear Wink of Stella to give the liquid some shimmer. I painted Wink of Stella onto the ice cube, too. Then I fussy cut the two elements with my Paper Snips,

Next, I embossed a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Whisper White Card Stock panel with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to a 4" by 5-1/4" Gray Granite Card Stock mat--oh wait! Before I adhered the Gray Granite mat, I used one of the Tasteful Labels Dies to cut a label from the center. Then I adhered everything to a Basic Gray Card Stock card base.

On top of that, I adhered a 1-1/2" by 3-7/8" strip of the herringbone tile sheet of In Good Taste Designer Series Paper to the card front. I adhered the decanter and glass to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Whiskey Business" stamp set and cut it out with another Tasteful Labels Die. I adhered this to the Gray Granite label that I cut from the middle of the mat and then adhered the label assembly to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. For a finishing touch, I added three Silver Metallic Pearls.

I can't wait to see the swap cards I receive in return. I will certainly show them off here on this blog in July when I get them, so stay tuned!

Stay healthy! Stay safe!





Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00







No comments:

Post a Comment