Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hooray--A Fab Sketch!

When I saw the sketch for this week's Fab Friday challenge, I knew I wanted to try out my new Starburst Framelits Dies. I didn't order them initially because I wasn't "sold" on them, but I've seen so many cool cards using them, that they quickly got added to my wish list. I thought the "Hip Hip Hooray" stamp would fit nicely inside starburst and it sure does! Here's the Fab Friday sketch



and here's my card. 

(Stamp Set: Hip, Hip Hooray; Ink: Basic Gray; Card Stock: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Real Red; DSP: Kaleidoscope; Accessories: Banner Framelits, Starburst Framelits, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Real Red and Basic Gray Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon)

Back in the 80's I used to wear a lot of black&white&gray with a pop of red. This reminds me of my new wave/punk rock days. (Yes, I'm that old. Deal.)

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, Hip Hip Hooray! I just love this stamp, and i love how you used it in this card. Thanks for playing along with the FabFri challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! I love the colors you chose to go along with the sketch. The double ribbon is really fun too! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your 80s new wave colors! They work wonderfully with the graphic DSP and the starburst! I might have to add those framelits to my wish list for the new catalog! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete