Tuesday, April 29, 2014

You & Me

The ampersand & is really trending now & the Perfect Pennants set uses the & in a cute way to say "You and Me."  I don't think I've inked up that particular stamp yet, so this week's Create With Connie & Mary Color Challenge #300 inspired me to use the stamp.

I have to admit: this color combination had me stymied for a minute. I usually look at the colors & then pull out sheets of cardstock & lay them out to see what "hits" me. When I did that, I realized that these are the colors in my favorite (but retiring, sniff) piece of DSP for the current catalog from the Epic Day This & That collection. Here are the colors

 CCMC300
& here's my card:

(Stamp Set: Perfect Pennants; Ink: Basic Gray; Cardstock: Basic Gray, Crumb Cake; DSP: Epic Day This & That; Accessories: Angled Top Tag Punch, Starburst Framelits Dies, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Circle Card Framelits Dies (for the hearts), Epic Day This & That Washi Tape, Basic Gray Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Basic Rhinestones)
I couldn't really figure out what do do with the Crumb Cake element until I latched on to the idea of using a tag. Once I had that idea, then I thought of using a circle to fill in the rest of the space. I searched through my stash of embossing folders until I hit on the Honeycomb EF &said, "Bingo!" I like how all the diverse elements come together on this card. & I love it when a plan comes together...quickly.

7 comments:

  1. I love how you balanced the three challenge colors making this a great masculine card! Thanks for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I like the grungy paper combined with the clean lines on the tag. The hexagon textured circle is the perfect accent on this card! Definitely going into my favorites! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your elements on your card! The embossed background piece combined with the dsp, and the tag is just perfect! Just a super card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny...I was stuck on adding the Basic Gray to mine and simply used it as ink! Very cool texture and look to your card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card. I love how you varied shapes and textures. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wonderful! I love how you did the extra touches of the washi tape and the honeycomb EF to the starburst circle! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'd say your plan really DID come together and in a very striking way! I love all the diverse elements you pulled together and how they work together and complement each other so well! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete